Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Unexpected visitor







So we were quietly (well we don't do anything quietly!) cleaning the restaurant when this large road roller skidded out of control down into our front garden, coming to rest on Dr. Margot Symes lovely sculpture 'Four Elements' (stone, water, fire, air) which now can be called 'Five Elements' with the addition of steel! After much discussion with the sheepish driver we decided it (the roller) didn't add much to the ascetics of the place so they towed it away leaving a tiny scratch on said sculpture and a large dent on said drivers ego.
Never a dull moment!

2 comments:

Indeterminacy said...

Your post reminds me of the book "The Fabulous Saga
of Alexander Botts and the Earthworm Tractor" by William Hazlett Upson. It's hilarious! Readit if you get a chance.

Also, a very belated thank you for your poetic contribution to the photo I posted (#408). I finally read and commented all those stories, as well as posted my own, and #412, as well. I think I am finally caught up.

chook said...

No I haven't read it but will try to find it.
With the restaurant full on at the moment I'm struggling to find time for posting but thanks for your support and I'm glad you are getting back to normal