Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Heading towards the past

Even though I love the view and the proximity to the sea of our little house, I'm finding it too small. Everything I do is seen by the neighbours. Merlot barks and disturbs them. Teenagers come home late and wake them up and I haven't even started cutting stone yet!!
So we are looking at a 4 acre orchard with bed and breakfast accomodation in the garden. Room for my sculptures and to breathe and we can live off the land when the financial world comes crashing down.
Just like my hippy days

6 comments:

Calvin said...

Hi Dave!

i have to say: this doesn't come as a big surprise to me.
I hope you'll find a great new home! This bed&breakfast sounds good. When we're ever in the neighbourhood again....;)

Gerben

chook said...

Hey Gerben, good to hear from you. The orchard is only about 10 k's from here so we can still have the best of both worlds. Have a look at www.mercuryorchard.co.nz and you would be welcome.
Love to Mirjam

SHUBHAJIT said...

A new home!!! you are blessed to live in such paradise.. my father is also making home but in the midst of concrete jungle. anyways, a new development in my life. i left my job and return back to my home for a month or so. it is almost 2 yrs and i want to meet my mother.

no job, no money, no tension.

chook said...

Hope the change goes well for you. I love change. It opens up so many possibilities.

L.M.Noonan said...

No matter how hard you try uncivilised civilisation always catches up. I'm feeling a tad hemmed in too.

chook said...

LM - and the only way you can change that is move on which I have never been afraid to do