Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fresh fish for dinner

Hey the weather was good tonight so took my sons' partner Paul out fishing. Young son Sam and his mates had been out skurfing ie. towing each other behind the boat on a surfboard - skiing/surfing. I watched them from our little house with binoculars. So close it felt like I was there with them. She's a small boat with a 40 hp motor so blats along free as a bird. Rough around the edges but that's how we like it. She appears to like us too.
Anyway we caught enough fish for our dinner. A leatherjacket, a gurnard, a snapper and a few bait fish. Cold when we got home after dark I cooked them in butter with a squeeze of lemon, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. What more can a man want.

2 comments:

SHUBHAJIT said...

You are so lucky to spending your time with nature. Fishing, farming etc etc..for me it is a dream desire. Little money and lots of fun.. in that ambiance only one can truly discover himself. Although you may think that “ grass is always greener on the other side”..but I tell you, grass is always greener and will be always greener on the other side..if we want to see it.

I sincerely want to thank you for your valuable comments. All of those are inspiring. Though I beg to differ with your view of expectation. May be with age life will teach me my due lessons.

chook said...

Luck has nothing to do with it! Apart from being born a middle class New Zealander I've made my own luck. I know what's important and it aint investing in the stock market.
Don't wait for age to teach you, learn now. You may not be around to enjoy the wisdom.